February Community Food Drive
FEBRUARY IS LOVE YOUR LIBRARY MONTH
Join Us For a Community Food Drive
Gulf Beaches Library will be collecting canned, boxed and non-perishable food items for the Interfaith Food Pantry in Seminole to help provide ongoing food supplies to needy individuals and families who are dealing with difficult life circumstances.
List of some items that pantries can use:
- Canned fruit, vegetables and meats
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Soup,Pasta, Crackers
- Dry and hot cereals
TAX Help: Tuesdays & Thursdays @10:00
AARP will begin tax preparations at the library Thursday, February 5, 10:00 - 1:30. Please bring all relevant documents, social security cards, statements, etc.
We will make tax forms available as soon as we get them. Due to a budget reduction, IRS will sending out the most commonly used three forms to libraries: 1040 EZ, 1040 and 1040A. However, schedule forms and instruction booklets will not be distributed this year. Please call 1-800-829-3676 or go to www.irs.gov/formspubs to order.
Computer classes are offered each month on a variety of topics at the library's conference room @ 1:00 pm .
All classes are free.
- Web-based Email - 2nd Wednesday of the month (Feb. 11 & Mar. 11)
- Open Forum: computer questions & answers - (Feb. 9 & Mar. 16)
- Internet Basics - 3rd Wednesday of the month (Feb. 18 & Mar. 18)
- Facebook - 4th Monday of the month (Feb. 23 & Mar. 23)
FREE Film Series -- Call 391-2828 for more info.
Winter Film Series 2015
13 week series - films to be shown on Wednesdays @ 2:30 pm beginning January 21st
- January 21, & 28
- February 4, 11, 18, & 25
- March 4, 11, 18, & 25
- April 1, 8, & 15
World of Humor Film Series
last Tuesday of the month @ 4:00 pm
- January 27
- February 24
- March 31
- April 28
Pronunciator - Language Resources
Pronunciator is a fun and easy way to learn new lanugages. It offering 80 of the world's most popular languages including ESL courses for speakers of 50 non-English Languages. With levels for tourists and business travelers, each course contains up to 350 hours of audio lessons, teaching 1,500 essential everyday phases.
- Speech recognition — Test your pronunciation in real time
- Scored quizzes — Track your progress and measure your results
- Virtual Coach — Real-time, life-like instruction
- Downloadable audio lessons — Extend your learning offline
- Virtual conversations — Hop into interactive stories with native speakers
- Free apps — for your iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, and Android tablet or phone to learn wherever you go
To access Pronunciator, have your library card number available and click HERE. For more information, please call 727-391-2828. Let your learning begin.
Page 1 of 2