Film Movement- Tuesday, May 5 @ 4:00 pm
International Film Movement: Dark Valley Tuesday, May 5 @ 4:00 pm. Free refreshments served.
Somewhere high in the Alps, a lone rider makes his way along a hidden path and reaches a small village, tucked away between the steep mountains. This stranger goes by the name of Greider; nobody knows where he's from and, met with blatant distrust, nobody wants him in the village. The sons of Old Brenner, the village patriarch who holds the entire community under his threatening, violent ways, would have chased him away if Greider hadn't given them a fistful of gold coins. Greider introduces himself as a photographer, and Brenner's sons provide him with shelter for the winter at the house of widow Gader and her young daughter, Luzi. Soon to be married to her sweetheart, Lukas, Luzi is full of trepidation as the big day draws near because, in this valley, a wedding comes with a terrible tradition. And whoever opposes this tradition will be subjected to a merciless punishment.
Computer classes are offered each month on a variety of topics at the library's conference room @ 1:00 pm .
All classes are free.
- Web-based Email - 2nd Wednesday of the month (April 8 & May 13)
- Open Forum: computer questions & answers - (April 20 & May 18)
- Internet Basics - 3rd Wednesday of the month (April 15 & May 20)
- New! Digital Photo Editing I : Wednesday, April 22
- Facebook - 4th Monday of the month (April 27 & no class in May)
Pronunciator - Language Resources
Pronunciator is a fun and easy way to learn new lanugages. It offering 80 of the world's most popular languages including ESL courses for speakers of 50 non-English Languages. With levels for tourists and business travelers, each course contains up to 350 hours of audio lessons, teaching 1,500 essential everyday phases.
- Speech recognition — Test your pronunciation in real time
- Scored quizzes — Track your progress and measure your results
- Virtual Coach — Real-time, life-like instruction
- Downloadable audio lessons — Extend your learning offline
- Virtual conversations — Hop into interactive stories with native speakers
- Free apps — for your iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, and Android tablet or phone to learn wherever you go
To access Pronunciator, have your library card number available and click HERE. For more information, please call 727-391-2828. Let your learning begin.