Film Movement- Tuesday, Sept.1 @ 4:00 pm
International Film Movement: Human Capital Tuesday, September 1 @ 4:00 pm. Free refreshments served.
Based on Stephen Amidon's acclaimed novel, director Paolo Virzì's HUMAN CAPITAL presents a riveting and stylish modern day morality tale of class, green and desire. With a lavish home and beautiful wife, hedge-fund manager Giovanni Bernaschi seemingly has it all. Meanwhile, real estate agent Dino Ossala struggles to maintain his family's middle-class existence and faces even worse financial straits when his wife announces that she is pregnant with twins. Leveraging his daughter's relationship with Giovanni's son, Dino deceives the bank and manipulates his way into the Bernaschi hedge-fund. As the destinies of both families become further entwined, a fateful hit and run accident sets in motion a chain of events, triggering dangerous consequences that will change their lives forever.
Computer classes are offered each month on a variety of topics at the library's conference room @ 1:00 pm .
All classes are free.
- Web-based Email - 2nd Wednesday of the month (Aug. 12 & Sept. 9)
- Open Forum: computer questions & answers - (no class in Aug. & Sept. 21)
- Internet Basics - 3rd Wednesday of the month ( Aug. 19 & Sept. 16)
- Facebook - 4th Monday of the month (Aug. 24 & Sept. 28)
Pronunciator - Language Resources
Pronunciator is a fun and easy way to learn new lanugages. It offering 80 of the world's most popular languages including ESL courses for speakers of 50 non-English Languages. With levels for tourists and business travelers, each course contains up to 350 hours of audio lessons, teaching 1,500 essential everyday phases.
- Speech recognition — Test your pronunciation in real time
- Scored quizzes — Track your progress and measure your results
- Virtual Coach — Real-time, life-like instruction
- Downloadable audio lessons — Extend your learning offline
- Virtual conversations — Hop into interactive stories with native speakers
- Free apps — for your iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, and Android tablet or phone to learn wherever you go
To access Pronunciator, have your library card number available and click HERE. For more information, please call 727-391-2828. Let your learning begin.